Thursday, February 08, 2007

no more working for a week or two

yes, yes. it´s not technocolour at all... it´s must be this new level of phonetic association spanish is forcing upon me? The problem with my Spanish this week is the level of concentration required. So often I find myself asking people to repeat themselves, not necessarily because I don´t understand, but because i´ve dozed off into one of those waiting behind three trollys in the supermarket checkout stupors. Don´t be fooled, I really don´t understand. And I feel a stupor coming on. Perhaps it has something to do with the crazy heat here? (Thankfully of an entirely different nature to Cuba). I was informed yesterday that while New Zealanders may be upside down, they still share at least some seasons with their northern hemisphere doppelgangers, at least in Panama, where it´s Summer. Oh no, now I´ve gone and got Cliff Richard in my head. I really do miss my records.

No comments: